Wednesday, December 1, 2010

What's on my mind?

What's on my mind? Kids and how they learn about morals and ethics. The learn from watching and listening to the adults in their lives. If adults model good behavior, positive behavior kids pick up on that and will follow. The same is true for the opposite - if adults in their lives model bad behavior, kids will pick up on that and think it is acceptable to behave that way also. I find that scary, especially when I think about some of the parenting I have seen and heard about lately. I ask myself, what good parent, what truly good person would want to teach their kids bad behavior, bad morals, and bad ethics? some parents just aren't aware of what they are doing but some are and just don't care - they are putting their own desires first with no regard for what is right in general and certainly without regard for their children. That is scary indeed and that is the problem with society today. I guess morals and ethics just aren't important anymore or are totally lost on some people.

 

About modeling behavior:


 


 


 

About teaching kids ethics:


 



 


 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment