Thursday, December 30, 2010

Holiday Nights

My husband and I went to Holiday Nights at Greenfield Village down in Dearborn, Michigan. It is one of my favorite places ever. I haven't been in a couple of years so I was so happy to go Monday night even if it was after Christmas. It was a lovely evening. I feel ill equipped to do it justice. All I can say is that it will transport you back in time, and gives a taste of the old customs, which is fabulous; the sights, sounds and smells - it is a romantic and sentimental excursion. I really need to make  a resolution to go to both Greenfield Village and Crossroads Village (another historical village closer to wear I live) before Christmas every year. I enjoy it tremendously and makes me realize the true spirit of Christmas.

 


 

Cooking was going on in most of the houses....

Sugar cookies:


 

 

Winter Wedding:


 


Making chocolate for hot chocolate, the only way you could get your chocolate in the old days:


 

Roasting mutton:


 

Roasting chicken in a fancy 'new' contraption:

No comments:

Post a Comment